The Eastern Pennsylvania & Mid-Atlantic ISEE Chapters will host the 2023 Blasters’ Training on Thursday, June 22, 2023 at the Blair County Convention Center, located at One Convention Center Drive, Altoona, PA.
Registration begins at 7:00am and the training will run from 8:00am – 5:00pm. If you register by June 7th, the cost is $150 for Eastern PA Chapter ISEE members or $185 for non-members (registration includes 2023 Eastern PA Chapter Membership). Registration starting on June 8th will cost $190 for Eastern PA Chapter ISEE members or $225 for non-members (registration includes 2023 Eastern PA Chapter Membership). Lunch and breaks are included in your registration fee.
This training has been approved by the Pennsylvania DEP to satisfy the 8-hour continuing education credits required for license renewal. Certificates will be emailed to attendees following the training.
Our speakers will include:
* Joey Accardo from Epiroc will present, “Improving the Drill Blast Cycle Utilizing Technology”
* Frank Chiappetta will present, “Causes of Flyrock and Controls”
* Jay Elkin from Wampum Hardware Co. will present, “Underground Portal Development”
* Kim Gdovichin of Lancer Insurance will present, “In Case of Emergency: Notifications and Procedure”
* Tom Hairhoger of Austin Powder will present, “The Importance of Keeping Good Blast Records”
* Mike Koehler will present, “BEC Controlling Vibrations at a Railroad Bridge”
* Robert McClure of RAM Inc. will present, “Oversized Reduction Through Caprock Management”
* Douglas Rudenko, from Vibra-Tech Engineers, Inc. will present, “Scale Distance and Predicting Vibration”
* Josh Schoonover from Orica will present, “Driving Continuous Improvement through Blast Design”
To register or sponsor the training, please visit https://www.easternpaisee.com/attendee-registration/.